Thursday, November 21, 2013



Selamat siang semuanya!
I am so grateful to have the opportunity to write to you all today.
This was another one of those fast and busy weeks! Elder Taulu was in Jakarta for another leadership meeting so I was with Elder Kyle and Elder Johnson for a couple days until my companion came back. I truly have the greatest companion and I am so grateful for him. We pray sincerely for each other every day in companion study and in our personal prayers. It is amazing what the Lord can do when you and your companion love each other enough to pray out loud for each other specific things to aid them. Faith power works wonders. The blessings of heaven come when we pray, search, have faith in the blessings we ask for, and if it is God's will, the blessing is given to us. I have been blessed with a fantastic companion.I love my companion and am so happy that I can serve here in Manado with him.
Rainy season has started and some of the huge typhoons from the Philippines keep sending rain and cold our way. But I love it! The rain is much more rare in Utah and Colorado compared to the beautiful country of Indonesia. We constantly get rain and it is so refreshing from the heat. I still cannot believe that there will be no snow in December and January. We will see. I still don't believe that there will be no snow. haha 
One of the coolest things about Manado is the culture, and in particular, the many different religions. There is Advent, Gmim, Catholic, Baptist, Jehova Witness, Pentecostal, Buddha, Muslim, and then our church The Chruch of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints. Coming from a Utah background, it is strange to have my religion being the smallest religion on the island and in the neighborhood. It is really humbling and brings forth the great blessing of continual service to our branch. We are growing and the gospel is being spread quickly. We work hard here and we are harvesting much fruit. Once again, I am so grateful for the incredible opportunity to be here in Manado. I know  I have been called of God to be here and be a representative of Jesus Christ. I feel so honored that I can represent Him and be a missionary for Gereja Yesus Kristus Dari Orang-Orang Suci Zaman Akhir.
Elder Litster




No comments:

Post a Comment