Thursday, August 29, 2013



Halo! Apa kabar?

This week went by so fast! Each day I get more and more excited to go to Indonesia and teach the people there. I met an Indonesian lady was a member last week and had the opportunity to teach her. She talks so fast! She taught us a lot of slang and was really fun to talk to. 

I had a really cool experience this week. I've always wanted to shake an apostle's hand and I prayed to get the opportunity. Two weeks ago we had Elder Scott speak, but I wasn't able to meet him or talk to him because there are so many missionaries. He gave an amazing talk and the spirit was so strong. This week, Elder Holland was walking around West Campus and visited his grandson. He was in the building next door to me and we were hoping to meet him. I was hoping this was my chance, but it didn't happen. I was bummed because apostles only come once in a while to the MTC, and I guess it wasn't important for me to shake an apostle's hand. To my surprise this week, the Tuesdaydevotional speaker was Elder Neil L. Anderson. He taught us about love and sacrifice. He has very strong testimony and I could feel it in his words. After the meeting, it was announced that it was raining and that there was too much lightning and that we cannot walk home. This was a great blessing to me. Elder Anderson got up and started to walk around the auditorium shaking everyone's hands on the bottom floor. then he came over to the upper deck and I was lucky enough to be on the first row and shake his hand. I happened to be the last Elder on my row he could reach. Heavenly Father answers prayers. I was so grateful for that experience and I know the Lord loves us and will bless us. I love the MTC and feel so blessed to be here. 

I am really grateful to everyone who sent me a letter or a package. It strengthens me and I'll do my best to write back!

Thank you so much for your love and support.

Elder Isaac Litster


No comments:

Post a Comment