Thursday, September 5, 2013

9/5/13

Selamat Pagi! 

How is everyone? I am so grateful for everyone and their love and support. We got our travel plans last week! We are going through LAX, then Hong Kong, China, and then to Indonesia. It should be about a 33 hour flight! We have about 5 days left until we head out. We are leaving on the 10th and we will be going to the most populous Muslim country by plane on 9-11. I still remember when I was in first grade watching the twin towers. I feel so blessed to live in this country. I am grateful for the opportunity to go and help people in another country that does not have all the same freedoms we do. 

I have decided that the best way for skinny people to gain weight is to go to the MTC. I have easily gained 20 pounds or more now here. If we did not have gym every day, I would have definitely gained more. Gym has been awesome! We have been playing soccer every day now. We always play world cup and have a great time. The field is always super muddy and we just play barefoot and slip and fall in the mud. It is great to be muddy and dirty for a change because we are always in our missionary attire trying to look our best. We are representatives of Jesus Christ and we must behave and dress in a way that respects and honors His name at all times.

I got my picture with an Elder that got here from Pleasant Grove, Utah. I do not know his name, but we call him Elder Tinggi. Tinngi means tall. He is 7 foot 3 and is a skyscraper!  We hosted new Elders again this week. I was able to see one of my good friends and host him! It was Sam Johnston! I was really surprised because he was supposed to go to the South Africa MTC. I guess his visa did not come in time and he will be in the states for a couple weeks till his visa comes.

This week during the devotional, I was able to develop a stronger testimony about our Heavenly Father. Elder Evans of the 70 spoke along with his wife. They have strong testimonies of this gospel. My testimony is growing stronger and stronger each day. I have been working on having greater faith and charity towards others. I really like the scripture about faith and the mustard seed. I feel so blessed to be born into this church and knowing that God has a plan for me. The Plan of Salvation is so wonderful and perfect. I know God loves me and answers my prayers. He is always helping me. As it says in Jacob 5, the Lord is laboring with his servants in the vineyard. I know this to be true. I know Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that the Atonement is real.

Love,

Elder Litster







No comments:

Post a Comment