Monday, September 16, 2013



Selamat pagi!
I made it to Indonesia! It is so awesome here and crazier than I ever thought! The culture is so different and the people are so nice and friendly.
President and Sister Donald picked us up from the airport. We got temporary companions that we will have for 5 days when we got to the mission home and split off to different areas around Jakarta. Elder Hall and I were blessed to stay in the mission home and be with the APs. They are so cool! The mission home is so nice and the ward here is so great.
President Donald assigned me to the Manado area. It is the furthest area from the mission home and is on the North East tip of the island Sulawesi. It is full of Christian people and I am excited to meet my companion there. Elder M and I have done a lot of contacting on the bus and it is really fun. There are so many people who are searching for the true gospel. One day we traveled 4 hours and visited a family in western Jakarta and they are so awesome! They are recent converts and are preparing to go to the temple. They were so kind to us and fed us sate and rice afterwards. At the end of the lesson, they told me that they had a friend in Manado that I should contact and gave me a referral! I am excited to go and find him and share the gospel!
I don't have much time, but I want to say that I am so grateful that I am able to be a missionary here in Indonesia. The people are so awesome here and I love them so much already. I know that this gospel is true and that through Jesus Christ, we can find true happiness in this life. I am so grateful for this opportunity and I know that Jesus Christ is at the head of this missionary work. I love you all and thanks for your support and love!
Elder Litster




No comments:

Post a Comment