Sunday, January 19, 2014

Banjir!

There was a giant flood that started on Tuesday that affected some of the members and investigators in our area. Our home was just fine and the water wasn't even close to our house. But in the areas that were caught up in the flood are pretty bad. There houses were flooded up to 7 feet high! The water is all gone now and everyone is just cleaning out all the mud in their homes. We have been helping all week shovel mud and it has been a great service opportunity for us. Not very many people were harmed. This was supposedly the biggest flood that has ever hit Manado. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be here and serve these people. I love them so much and I have learned so many things from them. One thing that I have learned is how to be happy. They truly value things that matter most such as family, friends, and God. It is amazing to see. The people here are all working hard to clean out their destroyed houses and they do it with a smile on their face the whole time. I haven't heard one person complain and they are laughing and smiling as they work. I will never complain about my washer flooding ever again! I am so blessed to be here and I am grateful for everyone's prayers.

Elder Litster












No comments:

Post a Comment