Sunday, December 22, 2013

Selamat Hari Natal!

How's the weather back home? It's nice and hot and sunny here in Manado. There's been lots of rain and there is still not any snow here.

I sent a couple pictures. One is of the traffic that is crazy here, some Nasi Campur food, the island and city I am in, and Elder Wijaya and I by a big Christmas tree! 

This week I got a new companion named Elder Wijaya. He is the 2nd of 10 children and is an awesome companion. He is the greatest teacher of the gospel I have ever met! He teaches so clearly and always shows the principle, blessing, and meaning behind a scripture. It is a gift of the spirit and it is blessing our teaching so much. I am so happy to be his companion and I know I will learn lots from him. 

This last week we have been sharing a message about Christmas to the members and to the investigators once in a while as well. The great thing about Christmas is that you don't have to be there at the time of Christ's birth in Bethlehem, or at home with your family,or at a big Christmas party to feel the spirit of Christmas. If we ponder about the birth of Christ, His life, His example, and His love for us, we can feel the spirit here as strong as if we were with Him at His birth or even walking with Him. I have felt that spirit already this month and it is remarkable. Christ came to earth and lived a perfect life for us. When Jesus was born, He was born in a manger. He had the power to choose to be born in somewhere nicer, like a hotel, or even at a different time period. But we would not learn anything from that. We learn from His birth in a manger that He was meek, humble, and that He loves us.  He loves us so much that He came to earth and redeem us from our sins. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and this Christmas season. I hope you all will have a Merry Christmas and I pray that you will be able to ponder about Christ's birth and His love for us. 

Love,

Elder Litster





No comments:

Post a Comment