Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Dear family and friends!

Sorry last week's letter was short! I'll try to do better!

This week has been super busy! We taught more lessons than ever and did a lot of great service! I'd like to write in a journal entry I wrote from this week. 

It was a great day today. Our plans fell through, but God led us to where He wanted us to go. We brought Branch President's wife to fellowship with one of our investigators. Her testimony was so strong and the spirit was amazing when we were with her. She told of her conversion story and how she came to know that the Book of Mormon was true. She was first really confused and skeptical about this gospel that was taught from these two teenagers in her house. But she prayed about it, read the Book of Mormon, and she felt a burning feeling in heart that she knew it was true. She was so confident with her decision she called up the missionaries and told her she wanted to be baptized. I know that through the power of the Holy Ghost, people will be able to find the truth of this restored gospel and find amazing happiness and blessings in this life. After we dropped off this Sister, her neighbors asked us if we knew some people in Jakarta or something. My companion said that that was his family! Turns out, it was my companion's family members! They are interested in family history and one the kids who is 23 wants to learn about the Book of Mormon. We gave it to him and told him to read 3 Nephi 11. We set up a time to meet with him! The Lord is preparing people to be taught and I am so grateful for opportunities we have been given to teach.
I learned a lot today. One truth I learned from 3rd Nephi is that our church is named after Jesus Christ. It is named after Christ because it is His church and He leads it. It is not named after a saint, a person, or anything else because it is God's church and not man's. We worship God and Christ so we should name it after them. I know that that Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church of God. And I am so grateful to be a missionary of this church and that I am able to proclaim this gospel. Thanks again for your prayers and your love. I am loving it here in Manado, Indonesia and my testimony is growing stronger each day. 

Love

Elder Litster





No comments:

Post a Comment